READ: 2 Timothy 3:14-17
REFLECT: What is the purpose of knowing the Scriptures?
1 - Are you hungry for the knowledge of God?
2 - If so, what evidence shows you are gaining knowledge?
3 - If not, what do you think is keeping you from gaining knowledge?
*Share your thoughts on Comments.
"All Scripture is breathed out by God..."
You can read, memorize, and even practice the Word; but true knowledge won't be gained unless there is also genuine intention. I still have my flaws, but some serious lifestyle changes have put me in a better position of staying straight on the narrow path. God has given me the strength to overcome these difficulties, but I definitely have a ways to go. By the grace of God, with patience and prayer, He'll get me through anything.ReplyDelete
There are 3 main reasons I think that can keep us from gaining knowledge:
1. Ignorance - Not knowing Scripture (which is why we need to read the Word!)
2. Misconstruing or being misinformed of the what Scripture may say (which is why we need to read the Word and also pray for wisdom and understanding and receive guidance from others who may have a better grasp of the Word)
3. Stubbornness - We may know the Word but we don't want to have to change our lifestyle to accommodate what the bible says. Being lukewarm is far worse than being ignorant..
"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." - Matthew 7:13-14
The purpose of knowing the scriptures is to know our creator, His plan, and His purpose for us.ReplyDelete
We can all agree that the moment we sincerely accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, a new life begins. Our new spirit is drawn to His divine truth and wisdom. A hunger that can only be satisfied by the hearing and reading of His Word.
Fruits of the Spirit is my first evidence of gained knowledge. It has changed my heart and life. I noticed I've become more patient, more loving, more giving...more Christ like. It's a daily battle, but one that I don't fight alone.
The Whole Armor of God
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these,c take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Ephesians 6:10-17
2. This is why I read this site when its updated.
3. Finding a daily Bible study
My latest inspiration has been about little victories, in CrossFit, in my physical life, and as well in my spiritual life. It can look daunting to think of hitting a big number on a clean and jerk but if you look at it as "im just gonna aim for 10 more pounds at a shot" and you consistently hit the workouts you slowly inch your way closer. I've found that this very same mentality transfers over into my work, my relationships that may have slipped a bit, and with the daily walk with God. Small victories add up. Some times it may just be take a minute and just listen. Or talk to someone you feel could use a lift. Of course reading Gods word is on that list(which I could use some more improving on). Just my .02¢ReplyDelete
2. the evidence I have is what I see and experience in various areas of my life, at church, at work, at home. The way I think, act, and feel, in certain situations has changed for the better.
3. Even though I said "Yes", I'm going to answer this one anyways. I still struggle with trying to get into the word everyday. Sometimes, it just sounds boring, and other times I make excuses, to validate the fact that I didn't read my bible today. The devil works in many ways, so we have to be on guard at all times. One more thing, I think anger, for me, is a huge deterrent. I play soccer, and lately, i find myself getting very angry with my teammates and myself. Hopefully, I can overcome that anger, and find a peace in christ.
I cannot wait to hear absolutely all about it! This is a once in a lifetime which Im sure anyone would jump for, so it's definitely one of those which I understand packing up your life for.ReplyDelete
Before have aReplyDelete
rolex replica , Beatrice had been on the list many times.
It seems that her good replica watches also indirectly assimilated